Thursday, February 13, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 8: "I'm hungry all the time. All the time I'm hungry."

This was bound to happen.  I was just cruising along until - bam! - things started to get hard.  I mean really hard.  Today I was well prepared so it wasn't an issue of food, I was just plain hungry and nothing I ate felt satisfying.  Between planned meals and snacks I scarfed down handfuls of Macadamia nuts, consumed an apple so quickly I  barely had time to swallow or breathe, and picked at the biscuits I had cooling on the stove wishing I could just pile them all on a plate and go to town.  Prior to leaving work I called Troy with the objective of convincing him to cheat on our diet and pick up some wine on the way home.  When he denied me, I abruptly hung up like a little school girl throwing a temper tantrum.  Today was a hard day!  It was also one of those days that highlights the benefit of not doing this alone.  Without my hubby, I surely would have fallen off the wagon.


Day 8
Breakfast
Now for what I ate.  I was so happy to have this leftover oatmeal.  This is surely going to be a staple of my diet post 21DSD.  I loved the added chopped Hazelnuts and Macadamias.  I don't think I would be able to survive the detox without this recipe.

In between meals I snacked on a handful of almonds I had packed for today.

Lunch
Work has been packed with meetings lately so I needed a quick and easy lunch.  Today it was prosciutto, guacamole and a green apple.

By mid-afternoon I was starved so I ate my very last morsel of food...a hard-boiled egg....and crossed my fingers that this would take me through to dinner.

Dinner
By this time I was a raving mad-woman with two raving mad kids.  We arrived home to discover our furnace was out and as our handy man was not yet home and I wasn't in the mood to sit and wait in a 54 degree house, I called up the husband to have him walk me through it.  I realized almost immediately that there was no way I was going to make it through this ordeal if I didn't eat something quick.  Unfortunately this realization didn't hit until after I had made a fool out of myself on the phone.  I quickly shoved some Macadamia nuts in my mouth and got to work.  Several lost calls, some yelling (by the kids and mommy) and a few trips to the furnace and back our heat was on.  On to the next emergency.  Food!!  My crockpot meal was ready to go but my body was craving more.  I quickly whipped up some biscuits made with coconut flour, rosemary and coconut oil.  These baked up to perfectly scrumptious little rolls.  I scarfed one down pre-dinner.

By the time we finally sat down to eat it was a little past seven, but the meal was worth the wait.  I dished out the chicken chili and topped it with some chopped avocados for the perfect winter storm meal.  And because this was a Crockpot meal, the post dinner clean-up was very manageable and I have plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The wine is the hardest part! We've gotten really into drinking tea in the evenings instead. You know, like the 80 year olds that we are :)

    ReplyDelete