Tuesday, February 18, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 13: "Short and sweet"

Today was a real turning point for me.  The short of it?  today was a good day.  The sweet of it?  No cravings, no temptations, no cheating.  I now feel like I could really finish this thing.

I’m going to keep it short because I’ve spent most of my time grocery shopping and preparing meals for the week ahead.  All I have is my lunch hour to get this thing out so here goes:

Day 13!  I can’t believe I made it this far.
Breakfast
Rather than scarfing down my boys’ donuts and cheating as I seriously contemplated this morning, I settled for a green smoothie and some coffee.  I’m so thankful that I stuck with it.  Once breakfast passed, I no longer felt the urge to cheat.

Lunch
I ordered in a portobello mushroom cap with roasted red peppers, extra spinach and a side of julienne
vegetables.  It was surprisingly delish!

Dinner
I ate dinner at my desk as the plan was to grocery shop over the dinner hour.  Dinner consisted of pistachios, two hard-boiled eggs, carrots and a green apple.  I topped it off with a slice of fresh prosciutto from the deli at the grocery store.  After trying that freshly sliced prosciutto I am never going back to pre-packaged.  It was amazing! 

I was motivated to cook and ready to enjoy myself.  Promptly upon arriving home I set to unpacking the groceries and cooking up some soup, the next day’s breakfast and some home-made crackers.  I took the liberty of sneaking bites periodically.  Boy am I excited to have these meals over the next couple days.

I was so pumped and energized that by the time I went to bed a 11 p.m. I was still not tired.  I think I’m finally reaping the benefits of this whole darn thing.

Thank you to all for your support.  Just 7 days to go!!  And all by the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment