Thursday, February 20, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 16: "Holy Energy"

Wow!  First off, I really can’t believe it’s day 16.  Second, my energy level is outrageous.  I’ve never gotten so much accomplished in one day at work.  I’m actually beginning to feel the urge to get back into my workout routine.  The first half of this detox was so killer that I thought I would literally implode if I added one more thing to my to do list.  Especially something that requires a lot of energy, some major positive emotion and time.  All three of which were just not happening for me.  At this point in the detox, I figure I’ve got the first two covered.  Now to find the time.  With only five days left, I better get started. 

Just one more thing before I get into the meals for the day, I was looking at my face in the mirror yesterday afternoon and noticed something was different.  My skin tone looked great, my make-up hadn’t caked or grown flaky and my face looked fresh.  Usually by the end of the day, I have to consider a thorough wash and reapply my make-up if I’m planning to go out with friends.  I thought maybe yesterday was a fluke so I monitored myself throughout the day and, sure enough, the afternoon came and my face still looked great.  What can’t this sugar detox accomplish?!

Now on to the day’s meals.  I’m feeling a little guilty because I left hubby to fend for himself.  It’s possible there were enough leftovers in the fridge when he left this morning, but by the time I got up and around there was nothing.  I pulled a couple things out of the freezer, added an apple and a side of guac and called it good.

Day 16

Breakfast
Leftover Spinach and Green Apple Smoothie.  This was surprisingly good after a week in the freezer.  I didn’t have time to let it thaw out completely so I microwaved it and stirred it around a bit until it was completely thawed.  I also added a slice of prosciutto for protein.

Lunch
Prosciutto, baby carrots, almonds and a side of guacamole.  Thank goodness for my emergency kit that I
stocked at the beginning of the week.  The emergency kit was an idea that my lovely mom passed along.  After getting stuck hungry and raving mad at work last week, she called me and very nicely recommended I put one of these together.  I took her advice and created an emergency kit for both myself and my husband.  I’ve snapped a pic for you.  I also added beef jerky to Troy’s kit since he’s into that.


Dinner
We had dinner planned with our community group which meant bringing my own meal and staring longingly at all the pasta and creamy, cheesy goodness that everyone was eating except this time I didn't crave the pasta and I didn't feel like I just had to have a bite of the garlic bread. In fact, I didn't feel deprived at all. I enjoyed the soup I brought from home and was thoroughly satisfied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment