Friday, February 21, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 17: "Last weekend without wine!"

I know what you’re thinking…”This girl is obsessed with wine.”  It may be hard to believe that there are people out there who can’t go 21 days without their favorite night cap – or at the very least not whine about it all the time.  Count your blessings that my husband gets the brunt of my whining about my wine.  Just four more days until I can open up the pantry and see that beautiful box of red wine sitting there and calling my name.  Oh what a day that will be.  It’s obvious that the first indulgence for me will be wine.  “What about hubby?” you might ask.  Well, he’s already put in his request:  a nice, big, fresh box of Cheerios and not the Honey Nut kind.  Just plain cheerios. 

With four more days, let the dreaming begin. During the day I’ve been dreaming about wine while at night I have dreams about accidentally slipping up and drinking a diet coke.  Half the can is gone by the time I realize what I’ve done and I feel incredibly guilty.  I’ve dreamt about eating cheeseburgers, pizza and fries.  Every morning is the same.  I wake up feeling bummed about my slip-up until I realize it was just a dream.  Phew!  That was a close one.

I’ve been getting a little lazy in the days leading up to the end of the detox.  The only planned out meal for the day was dinner.  Here we go…

Day 17

Breakfast
Almonds.  Yes.  All I ate was almonds.  See what I’m saying about getting lazy?

Lunch
I picked up a scrambled eggs and bacon bowl from Wawa this morning and put it in the fridge for lunch.  It was actually meant to be breakfast, but my morning was packed with meetings and I just didn’t have the time.  So, to the fridge it went and I enjoyed a little breakfast for lunch.

Snack
Some more almonds and a green apple with almond butter.  I couldn't get enough of it.

Dinner

During my lunch break I headed over to the grocery store with a couple recipes in hand.  One was for Paleo Bacon Sea Scallops.  I was looking for a little variety so I went to my 21DSD Pinterest board and found these lovelies.  Man those were delicious.  They were so good, that I was scared I might have not noticed the part of the list that said "No Scallops."  Fortunately, that was not the case.  Any type of seafood is allowed.  This is definitely making my list of faves for menu options post-detox.

Now with just the weekend and two more days after that, I'm feeling a sense of relief that this thing is almost over.  With all the cooking, nearly everything else has been put on the back-burner.  The number one thing that's starting to get on my nerves is the house.  It's a complete and utter mess.  It's so ridiculous that it stresses me out and drives my absolutely insane every time I walk through the door.  Tomorrow I'm going to set my sights on solving this problem.  I refuse to let another day slip by without getting this house back in order.

Until tomorrow....good night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment