Thursday, February 6, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 2 "I did not eat the pizza!"

Oh man!  I needed this quote today.  It’s definitely not going to be easy.  I am straight up exhausted from yesterday and it’s not because of the absence of sugar.  I think that’s how people are so successful with the plan.  They spend the first few days elbow deep in almond meal, ground beef, coconut milk and greens that they have little time to crave even a little teaspoon of something sweet.  On the plus side, I woke up this morning, threw all of my prepared foods in a bag and was ready to go.  That’s got to be worth the trouble, right?

Before I go into details on today’s meals, I just need to send a shout out to my husband who completed Day One AND Two all by the book.  No cheating!  You are awesome!

Here we go!

Day Two
Breakfast

This is my favorite detox breakfast.  It’s called Banana Vanilla Bean n’ Oatmeal.  Of course, there is no oatmeal in this concoction.  It’s coconut milk, eggs, a green-tipped banana and chia seeds.  Chilled overnight it resembles the texture of oatmeal and is a great meal to tame your hunger until lunch.

Lunch

Jalapeno-Dill Tuna Salad.  This is served up with half an avocado.  First bite.  I do not like tuna.  Second bite.  I could get used to this.  Third bite.  I better like this because I have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch and I'm going on a cooking strike tonight.  I will not let cooking control my life.  The pen marks that are still on the wall in our living room, the toys all over the floor and the pile of dishes in the sink might say otherwise.

Snack...this was more like grazing.  I started with 8 oz. of Kombucha (this is a probiotic) and moved on to a green apple later in the afternoon.  That seemed to quell whatever creeping hunger I usually feel around 3 p.m.  My new fave is to enjoy a hot tea in the late afternoon as something to do while I finish out my work day.

Dinner
Leftover Meatza!  What better option to take to a party where pizza is the main dish.  Granted, I was salivating over all the cheese and crust surrounding me.  I even contemplated stealing a bite or two.  I thought better of it.  What could be more embarrassing then bringing this sad excuse for a pizza to a group gathering?  Answer:  being caught scarfing down someone else's pizza like an invalid.

That wraps another day.  My cravings for sugar have been mild.  I've noticed that when I crave something sugary like a bite of my son's Pop Tart or just picking at snacks throughout the day, I'm not actually hungry.  I'm just salivating over the addictive flavors of food that's really not good for you.  It's definitely intriguing to me that I could sit down and eat an entire pizza but when I put a balanced meal on the table, I generally eat until I'm satisfied.  No more and no less.  I guess our bodies really were designed for fresh whole foods over food made with ingredients I can't pronounce.

I'm sure day three will smack me in the face and put me right back in my place.  They say you begin to feel flu like symptoms on day three.  Well, I'll give it a go.

Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment