Monday, February 10, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 5 &6: Eat the beef....Filet's, Rib-eyes and hamburgers, oh my!

Days five and six were spent away from home.  I was super excited about this trip as it meant no cooking and cleaning for the next two days.  Hallelujah!  However, I wasn't quite sure yet how hard it would be to stick to this detox when away from home and how tempted I would feel about indulging in a glass of wine. I learned two lessons while away.

Lesson #1  You can always find a meal that fits into your detox plan and, trust me, there are some very tasty options out there.

Lesson #2  If you find yourself with extremely low self control and cannot resist ordering a glass of wine, make it a very dry red.

We started out with a casual eat-in lunch cafeteria style.  I went for sushi and tried to feel satisfied and full while my husband scarfed down this ginormous bun-less hamburger.  It was the first time my mouth has watered at the sight of food in days.  I couldn't resist and swiped a couple bites.  Sometimes a little grease and a big hunk of meat are just the things a husband needs to make it through this detox.

Dinner was Filet Mignon.  The picture says it all.  It was amazing and so encouraging to be enjoying food while on a "diet."

The next morning we stopped for breakfast at another cute restaurant with a mouthwatering menu.  My favorite meal option for breakfast out is an omelet.  This one really spoiled me.  Lobster and bacon.  I think we could get used to this.  Unfortunately, it was time to head home and back to reality.  No more fancy restaurant meals and definitely no more wine.

We stopped for lunch on the way back.  I was feeling a veggie deficit and ordered a salad with no dressing.  I was somewhat skeptical that I would love this salad but the avocado, red onion and bacon bits provided plenty of flavor.  I was pleasantly surprised that I could enjoy a salad without the dressing.  And it looked pretty good too.

My Friday evening labors paid off when I discovered that I could easily reheat the meatloaf and mashed parsnips for a quick and easy meal.  Now I'm off to adjusting this week's menu in the hopes of reducing the time I spend in the kitchen.










No comments:

Post a Comment