Tuesday, February 11, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 7: "Cutting corners not meals."

I committed the cardinal sin when eating healthy.  I skipped breakfast!  I would say that it slipped my mind as I was leaving the house, but in reality, I was just too darn lazy to open the fridge and throw a few things in a bag for breakfast and snacking.  I was riding on the mentality that I could figure it out as I go.  Big mistake!  By 11:45 a.m. I felt moderately hungry while my body felt completely deprived.  When standing too fast I even felt a bit dizzy and lightheaded.  I called in an order for a grilled chicken salad hoping this would make up for my missed breakfast and snack as well as sustain me for the afternoon.  By 1:30 p.m. I was so hungry I had to make myself a hot tea just to keep myself busy with something.  I walked aimlessly around the office hoping to catch sight of something that would be detox approved ready to swipe, steal and scarf down anything I came upon.  No luck.

Emergency Snack Pack
In between meetings I rushed across the street to Wawa to pick up an emergency snack consisting of carrots, hard-boiled eggs and a green apple.  I ate them all at once and immediately felt better.  Let’s just say I won’t let that happen again.  It was not worth the extra trips out of the office and the extra money spent on food.  It's fine to cut corners but not meals.  Over my lunch break I worked hard to plan out some more simplistic and less time consuming meals and worked in some easy snack ideas.  I will not leave this house this week without my food!

A post-work grocery shopping trip was next on the list.  It just so happens that the timing also makes this a pre-storm stock-up.  The produce section was out of bananas and the aisles were jammed with people.  I got the essentials and got out of there scarfing down some prosciutto and an apple on the way home.  Tonight's meal preparation was pretty simple.  I made a double batch of the Vanilla Bean Banana n Oatmeal with my last two bananas.  I through in some chopped Macadamias and Hazelnuts and put it in the fridge to chill overnight.  

I have to admit, the lack of preparation sent me reeling with sugar cravings today.  To avoid any more temptations I'm just going to take my sorry butt to bed.  Wishing for dreams of creamy chocolate and cheesy bliss.

We are now one week into our sugar detox.  Two more to go!  This week I have crockpot meals planned and some simple dinner options.  Crockpot meals are a great way to cut corners and ease the stress of menu planning and detoxing.  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment