Sunday, February 23, 2014

#21DSD ~ Day 18: "The sun is shining and I got to running."

Today I got to run!  If I were to do this whole thing over again, I would still neglect the house but I wouldn't neglect my running.  There's more than one piece to the puzzle and it's not just eating less sugar.  You can't change your nutrition and neglect your physical needs and expect to feel great.  So, I buckled down and laced up my shoes.  Rather than mopping the floors, I opted for a run.  Seeing as how I haven't been out in a while and I'm not eating any sugar (a go to fuel for runners), I took it slow and kept the distance short.  But it was amazing!  With my headphones in and the sun shining, I ran and I promised myself I wouldn't let it go this long again.

Now for the day's events.  I feel like I'm on cruise control.  I'm still cooking a lot, but I'm planning better.  I'm reading the recipes ahead of time and making little things ahead as I have time available.  Here's what was on the menu for today:

Day 18!!!!!!

Breakfast
We went out to eat at our favorite hole in the wall.  I ordered a veggie omelet hold the cheese and lots of coffee.

Lunch
I made Chicken Curry Salad and apples and topped it off with some slices of avocado.  Not my favorite, but
it was light and refreshing.

Dinner
Let me recommend not making a staple item of your pre-detox days.  It will never live up to those recipes.  I made "Jambalaya" for dinner.  It had chicken, pork and shrimp and a bunch of other good things, but nothing could beat the spice and flavor of Zatarain's Jambalaya mix and Keibasa sausage.  This one will be great for leftovers as we finish off our last three days, but after that it's back to our trusty box of Zatarain's.

3 more days and all by the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment